LOS ANGELES, November 19, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Mercury Insurance (NYSE: MCY) today announces five new coverages and three new discounts available to homeowners Arizona. Mercury’s new coverages provide additional insurance coverage with an option for environmentally friendly replacement products. Discounts are available for homeowners who are already taking green measures while putting hard-earned money back in the pockets of policyholders.
“Mercury’s new covers and discounts take a different approach to protecting our customers,” said Mingqian Dai, Mercury insurance Assistant product manager for Arizona. “Homeowners have re-evaluated what is important to them and how a home is built and the green products they want keep showing up. Many might be surprised that insurance could be green, but if we can help the environment while helping insureds, it’s a win-win. “
The new covers include:
- Green house: Mercury will cover up to an additional 10% of replacement costs for alternatives or environmentally friendly construction methods with a covered loss. For example, if a homeowner with this extra coverage has a damaged carpet and chooses an environmentally friendly replacement, Mercury would issue funds up to 10% more than the carpet replacement costs so the homeowner can opt for the option of eco-friendly flooring. Protection also extends to personal property such as HVAC or appliances when replaced by an environmentally friendly product. “Every day we issue over a million dollars to replenish the lives of policyholders and at the same time we are seeing materials that will take a long time to decompose go to landfills. Mercury will continue to help policyholders and if we have the chance to do it, the environment too, ”Mingqian said.
- Matching undamaged coatings and roofs: Often times, roofing or siding repair is limited to a damaged area of the house, and over time, the existing, undamaged material will wear off or the roof or siding will no longer be available. In the past, homeowners could end up with a roof or siding that didn’t match. Today, Mercury offers two additional covers, siding or roofing, which also allow replacement of undamaged parts in the event of a discrepancy.
- Limited hidden water, vapor infiltration or leakage: Water claims are one of the most common claims that can lead to costly repairs as well as a lot of inconvenience for homeowners. In some cases, a water leak can be hidden from the homeowner in a wall or ceiling and last for weeks or months and only be found when a wall is opened. To better protect homeowners against water damage that is hidden, Mercury offers coverage that would apply to the resulting damage in these cases.
- Refrigerator products: During the pandemic, many homeowners spent hundreds of dollars to top-down their refrigerators. Mercury’s new protection covers up to $ 1,000 food if there is a power failure or mechanical failure of a refrigerator resulting in spoiled food.
New discounts include:
- Green house: Mercury offers up to a 5% all-risk rebate if the home is green certified by the US Green Building Council’s LEED rating system or meets the requirements of the National Association of Home Builders Green Building Guidelines (NAHB ).
- Home updated: Mature homes, over 20 years old, with authorized renovations, such as HVAC replacement, roofing, remodeling or a new addition, within the past 10 years are eligible for a rebate of up to 10% on risks related to wind and water.
- Good Payer: Homeowner policyholders who have paid on time in the last 36 months are eligible for the Good Payer discount, which saves 2% on the policy. New business and existing policyholders are eligible for the rebate.
Mercury provides insurance for personal automobile, mechanical protection, carpooling, condominiums, homeowners, home cyber protection, home systems protection, identity management services, tenants, line protection. service and professional automotive in Arizona.
About Mercure insurance
Mercury Insurance (NYSE: MCY) is a multi-line insurance company primarily providing auto, home and tenant insurance through a network of independent agents in Arizona, California, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, new York, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia, as well as automobile insurance in Florida. Mercury underwrites other lines of insurance in various states, including commercial, business owner and corporate auto, owner, roommate, carpooling, and mechanical protection.
Since 1962, Mercury has offered its customers great value by combining ultra-competitive prices with excellent customer service. Mercury received an “A” rating from AM Best and Fitch, as well as # 1 in the JD Power 2021 US Digital Insurance Experience Study,SM recognized as one of “America’s Best Insurance Companies for 2022” by Forbes and four consecutive “Best Auto Insurance Company” awards by Insure.com. For more information visit www.MercuryInsurance.com or follow the company on Twitter or Facebook.
Insurance Mercure SOURCE