By STEVE SWOGETINSKY
The Governor’s Annual Career Fair will be held Wednesday, March 9 at the Neshoba County Coliseum.
The job fair starts at 9 a.m. and will continue until 1 p.m.
“Employers are looking for good employees,” said David Vowell of the Community Development Partnership. “I’m certain maybe ready to hire good employees on site. I encourage everyone to dress for success and be sure to bring several copies of your resume.
Some of the companies that should be represented and what they are looking for are:
• Meridian Air Management – Tech HVAC, HVAC Helper;
• Biloxi Police Department – Patrol Officer, Dispatcher;
• Canal Barge Company — Cooks, sailors, shore tankers, pilots;
• Eastern Mississippi State Hospital
• Halter Marine — Senior Programmer, Pipefitter 1st Class, Facilities Engineer, Shipwright 1st Class, Pipe Welder 1st Class, Electrical Engineer, Electrician 1st Class, Mechanical Engineer, Test Construction Engineer;
• Koch Foods
• Management and Training Corporation — Correctional Officers;
• McLain Plumbing – Sheet Metal Worker/HVAC Helper, Plumber/Plumber Helper, Plumbing Service Technician, HVAC Service Technician;
• Mississippi Department of Child Protective Services
• Mississippi Department of Corrections – Corporal Corrections Officer, Probation and Parole Officer;
• Mississippi Lignite Mining Company
• Mississippi State University Police Department – Uncertified Police Officer, Certified Police Officers;
• Mississippi Veterans – RN, LPN, CAN;
• PACCAR Engine Company – Assembly Operator, Service Technician, Machining Specialist;
• Pearl River Resort – Security Guard, Line Cook, Food Server, Slots Attendant, Bartender, Geyser Falls, Concessionaire, Casino Porter, Player Services Representative;
• Philadelphia Transit – Driver;
• Philadelphia’s Sonic Drive-In — Carhop, cook, assistant manager;
• Taylor Group of Companies
• Citizens Bank of Philadelphia — CRA Analyst, Loan Assistant/Closer, Teller (Union), Credit Analyst, Loan Review Clerk, Float Teller, Evidence Operator;
• Tyson Foods — Maintenance, Cage Repair — Forest, MS, Live Transport Driver — Carthage, MS, Food Delivery Driver — Union, MS, General Labor;
• Winston Plywood and Veneer — material handler, base production, forester;
• Work Solutions — Warehouse Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Assembly, Automotive Assembly, Accountant, Welder, Production Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor.