It’s good to know the signs to look out for – or even the expert to call to keep the pests away.
As the temperatures drop outside, you crave that warm comfort inside! But unfortunately, you are not the only one. Fall pests seek shelter during these colder months ahead.
What can we watch for as we enter the fall weather?
Overwintering – pests seek shelter for the winter inside your home, in your attic, in crawl spaces, under bark, under leaves.
Occasional invaders (spiders, boxwood, cluster flies, lady beetles, cockroaches, crickets, silverfish, and stink bugs): These pests begin to make their way inside your property as they seek shelter from the heat or extreme cold.
How can mice get into the house?
As temperatures begin to drop in the fall, many pests enter your home seeking shelter, including mice and rats. All they need is enough space for their head to fit through and the rest of their body to fit – holes small enough for a pencil eraser to allow mice and pests to enter your property.
What can St. Louis residents do to prevent pests from entering their property to overwinter?
- Seal cracks and openings in the foundation, including areas where utilities and pipes enter the house.
- Replace worn caulk around window and door frames. Be sure to use quality materials and remember to seal entry points inside the garage.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair any holes or damaged screens on ventilation openings and chimney vents.
- Eliminate sources of moisture, including leaky pipes and clogged drains.
- Clean up yard waste and store firewood away from your home.
- Clean your gutters – leaves allow moisture to build up and can attract pests.
Why is Rottler the best company to use to keep pests away?
The Rottler Pest Solutions team is made up of local experts in all things pest and lawn. We know what issues are most likely to plague your home and have tailored preventative treatments to meet your property’s specific needs.
If someone were to spot rodent droppings, wildlife on their property, or webbing forming in their home, what should they do?
Contact Rottler for a free, no-obligation inspection and our team can offer you suggestive solutions. Protect your home from casual invaders this fall and call 1-877-ROTTLER or email [email protected]
THIS ARTICLE INVOLVES COMMERCIAL CONTENT. THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PRESENTED APPEAR AS PAID ADVERTISING. FOR MORE INFORMATION, EMAIL US AT [email protected]
SHOW ME ST. LOUIS IS PART OF 5 ON YOUR SIDE AND HAS ST. LOUIS EVENTS, COMPANIES, BUSINESS PEOPLE AND OTHER GUESTS FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY.