The Barton County Commission will meet at 9 a.m. on Tuesday at the Barton County Courthouse, 1400 Main in Great Bend. The meeting will be open to the public but will also be broadcast live due to COVID-19.
It will be streamed live via Microsoft Teams. Citizens can view the meeting through their own login or by logging in anonymously.
To participate, follow the link https://bit.ly/3m1w5ZM. Those wishing to participate in the discussion from any point can call 620-793-1800 for instructions.
The agenda includes the reimbursement of funds for women, infants and children by the Department of Health, a COVID-19 grant from the US Department of Health and Human Services, proposals to replace the heating system and air conditioning for the courthouse and computer replacements.
Following the agenda of the meeting, the following appointments are scheduled:
• 10:15 am – continued discussion on risk management and insurance offerings – Amy Miller, Emergency Risk Officer, and representatives from the Alliance, KCAMP and KWORCC.
• 11:00 am – Capital Improvement and Equipment Replacement Plan Updates – Finance Officer Matt Patzner.
• 11:15 am – Microsoft 365 Licensing – CIO Derrick Hollingshead.
• 11:30 am – Procurement Discussion – Sue Cooper, Grants & Compliance Manager.
• 11:45 am – purchase of hall chairs – Health Director Karen Winkelman.
• Noon – regular business discussion – Acting County Administrator Barry McManaman and County Clerk Donna Zimmerman. Topics should include board appointments and special deputy coroner appointments.