Many Canberrans want to have a quality garage in their home, so it’s important that the garage door is functional, sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. Whether it’s a new garage door, repair, service or conversion, Canberra’s best garage door installers and repairers can meet your needs. Known for their reliability, work ethic and friendly service, they offer a full range of garage door services and use high quality materials.
What material is most commonly used for garage doors?
Steel is the most widely used material for garage doors, and for good reason. Steel doors are affordable, durable, low maintenance, and available in any style you like. Steel can be painted and available in wood-like textures. Aluminum is another metal used due to its lightness and resistance to rust, while wood is used less frequently due to more regular maintenance.
Garage doors are available in many types to consider the six most common sectional doors, roll up doors, side sliding doors, side swing doors, angled overlay doors and angled pocket doors. You will also need to select the door material, finish, variety, and unique options such as windows, protection, and equipment that you should use.
Garage door openers and accessories
To meet all your garage door requirements, shop a comprehensive collection of replacement parts, openers and accessories. There are remote controls and automatic opener products that are compatible with most manual and automatic garage doors. There are innovative automation and smart features, which allow you to control your new garage door via your smartphone, 24/7. The best garage door installers and repairers will be able to tell you about the latest accessories and features.
Popular types of garage doors
- Rolling doors: There are high quality domestic roller doors across Canberra, expertly designed, smooth in operation and unbeatable value. Talking options with Canberra experts will help you choose the right size and color to suit your preferences and improve accessibility to your property.
- Sectional garage doors: These are doors that are divided into different sections or panels. Typically, most doors will have around 4-5 panels that will hinge and slide to sit below the garage ceiling.
- Up-and-over doors: Also known as counterbalanced garage doors, overhead doors occur when the door swings open as a solid panel that appears to swing open.
- Residential garage doors: There is an extensive collection of stylish and durable domestic garage doors across Canberra. There is a full line of rolling doors and sectional doors to enhance the curb appeal of your home.
- Industrial and commercial garage doors: There is a wide choice of industrial and commercial doors suitable for commercial and construction premises.
What makes a good garage door installer and repairer?
There are several key factors to consider when choosing a garage door installer and repairer to work on your garage.
- Live: Choosing a company with experience in the garage door industry is important so you can be sure they have the knowledge to handle the ins and outs of the trade. You should also check out some reviews of the company to get an idea of its reputation in Canberra.
- Transparent costs: It’s important to get an itemized quote for the cost of the installation or repair to ensure you don’t incur additional costs. The best companies will be upfront about the fees and present a quote with all the required information.
- Range of offers: Some garage door installers and repairers may specialize only in a particular type of product, while others may offer a range of different options and services. Be sure to check with the company if they offer the type of garage door service you need.
The best garage door installers and repairers in Canberra 2022
To be listed as one of Canberra’s top companies, Canberra Weekly requires that they have maintained a history of positive reviews on Google and Facebook, with a minimum average of 4/5 stars.
We also check whether companies have verified customer reviews.
When you’re looking for a garage door installer and repairer in the Canberra area, check out our list of Canberra Weekly’s best local businesses below.
WR Engineering has been installing quality garage doors that provide security and reliability in the Canberra area since 1967.
They have a team of qualified and experienced experts who take the time and care to ensure your garage door is installed correctly.
As a qualified B&D dealer, they only stock Australian made garage doors, designed to withstand Australian conditions and backed by a warranty of up to 10 years.
You’ll be sure to find the right garage door for you at WR Engineering because of the wide variety they offer, including rolling doors, lift and tilt panel doors, sectional, insulated, child and pet doors company, custom designs and smart/home devices. connectivity gates.
Proud customer Melinda O’Donnell gave this glowing five-star review on Google, “12 months after my garage door replacement, the service and care from WR Engineering ACT continues to be exceptional.
I received a reminder that my door was due for a service. The service has been booked and I have just completed the service. The young men who performed the service were thorough, professional and extremely friendly.
It’s so nice to receive good customer service. Thanks.”
JMC garage doors
JMC Garage Doors is a family business, proving the Canberra community with the repair, supply and installation of quality garage doors and motors.
They value every client and make sure to take the time everyone needs, no matter the size of the job.
They offer a range of different garage door products and brands, so they can meet your needs, whether you’re looking for added security or a sleeker finish.
Canberra Garage Doors
Canberra Garage Doors has a team of professionals ready to help the people of Canberra whether they need a new garage door, repair, service or conversion.
They are recognized for their reliability and work ethic as well as for offering many high quality products and services.
Their business owner Al and his team all have exceptional knowledge and experience with garage doors, so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Capital Doorworks has established itself in Canberra as a trusted company and one of the best garage door installers in the area.
They have an expert team of friendly installers who understand your needs and are able to provide quality service.
With over 40 years of combined experience in the garage door industry, you can feel safe knowing Capital Doorworks will get the job done.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to repair a garage door in Canberra?
The cost of repairing a garage door will depend on a number of factors, including the exact nature of the problem and the type of door you have. This can start from a low price of $200 for the smallest of issues, but is likely to be higher for larger issues.
How much does the transformation into an automatic garage door cost?
Converting to an automatic garage door has a wide range of costs due to different door sizes and styles, but it usually ranges between $1,200 and $4,500.
How much does it cost to install a new garage door in Canberra?
The cost of installing a brand new garage door can vary greatly due to a number of things including the type of door you want and the materials you use. At the lower end of the scale, a basic single roller door can cost around $600, while a larger double door costs around $4,500 to $5,000.
How often should I have my garage door serviced?
The amount of maintenance needed for your garage door may depend on the type of door you have, but generally once every 12 months is sufficient, or twice a year to be fully covered. Regular maintenance should keep your garage doors in good condition and help prevent major problems from forming.