Apple Watch saves the life of a woman buried alive by her husband


Washington: A woman in the United States who was stabbed and buried alive by her husband made a miraculous escape and called emergency services using her Apple Watch.

According to a report in The daily beastthe incident occurred in Washington State on October 16. The woman, Young Sook An, 42, fled the wooded area after several hours in the grave and showed up at a stranger’s doorstep asking for help.

Ms. Young’s husband, Chae Kyong An, 53, bound her arms and legs with duct tape, then stabbed her in the chest and buried her alive.

It all started in a divorce battle where the husband wanted to keep his pension money out of his wife’s hands, the outlet reported.

The 911 operator told police that a woman called the emergency number but sounded “gagged” and “couldn’t speak,” according to the affidavit. The operator also heard “banging and thrashing” in the background, but after a while became “completely silent”, according to the affidavit.

Police located the cellphone tower and went to Ms Young’s home, but could not find her. They did, however, find “signs of disturbance”, the affidavit explains.

Ms. Young told the cops that while discussing the divorce and the money, Chae got angry, after which she told him to leave. As she entered the bedroom to change, Chae attacked Ms. Young, repeatedly punched her in the head, and threw her to the ground.

He then taped her and briefly left the room. That’s when she used her Apple Watch to call 911. When Chae returned, he dragged Ms Young down the stairs to the floor outside the garage door. Ms Young said Chae realized she was wearing an Apple Watch. So he hit him with a hammer, then punched his wrists, the affidavit further states.

Chae forced her into a van and drove to a nearby forest where he stabbed her and buried her alive. Ms Young told police she was ‘in the ground for a few hours’.

Chae was arrested at 8 p.m. local time on October 17, and police also found the grave where Ms. Young was buried. They also found his locks of hair, pieces of duct tape and the broken frame of his Apple Watch.

Chae’s lawyer pleaded in local court that his client suffered from ‘service-related mental health issues’, but Ms Young pleaded with the judge in a letter read aloud in court by a lawyer for the keep locked up saying she feared for her life. Chae remains being held without bond in the Thurston County Jail.

[ad_2]Source link